The World of Investments and Money

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Stock market correction?

Hmm, my invested worth came down by more than 1k in the latest market correction (?) in the last few sessions. But the mutual funds I've bought are long term plans. There's a mandatory three year lock in period for tax saver funds which I bought. A good lesson to invest in a systematic investment plan (SIP) so that the gains and losses get even out over the investment period. Otherwise, you may buy MFs during the high times and lose money in the shorter period. Long term investors don't have to worry with such fluctuations in the stock market though, as it will definitely go up in the long term.

I've no idea what's causing the market to go down now, and I've not watched or read news for the last couple of days.

No comments: